Tuesday, March 25, 2008

37

Well, the countdown has begun for many, many exciting things in my life. Here is the breakdown..

-9 Days until my friends from Corpus come visit!
-23 Days until ZZ Top!!
-37 Days until I move back to Corpus!!!
-44 Days until I leave for Japan!!!!!

Every time I visit Corpus for a few days and come back to College Station, I hate this place more and more. I don't like the people (minus a few), the atmosphere, the weather, how I feel here, etc. People have told me that I won't be able to make it in the Peace Corps because I will be too homesick. I don't think that is the case. The reason I am so homesick here is because I am only a 4 hour drive away from home. I can easily get home, and people from home can easily get up here. In the Peace Corps, I will be far away with no chance of visiting, and I will understand that. Of course I will be homesick, just not miserable like I am up here (I hope).

1 comment:

RED said...

Yay! You're back! I've been missing you! I also think in the Peace Corp , though you may be in a foreign place physically, perhaps you will not be in such a foreign place mentally, emotionally & spiritually. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin... No?