Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Simple things..

Sometimes people tell me that I am too easily amused, like it is something bad. Honestly, I can't even imagine how that is a bad thing. For instance, one simple thing that makes me completely overjoyed is a water fountain. Now, there is more to it than that. I love a water fountain that spews cold, refreshing goodness. I love water. Milk and water have always been my favorite drinks, but after I recently became lactose intolerant, water is pretty much it for me. What amazes me though is how almost any water tastes good when it comes from a water fountain. I guess you could call me a connoisseur of water fountains. If I am out and about and spot a water fountain, I will start skipping over to it, even if i'm not thirsty, just to get a sip.

Call me crazy, call me stupid, I don't care.. I'm hydrated!!!

3 comments:

RED said...

How 'bout the kind of fountain on somebody (lazy)'s front porch that the pump went out on but they're too "busy" to replace it with the new one that's been bouncing from tabletop to countertop for a week because the person is also a procrastinator and the water in the idle fountain is slick and slimy with algae and rotty leaves...would you come skipping over to one like that? (BTW, this question is TOTALLY hypothetical:)

Sabie said...

I am going to have to admit that I would probably not skip over to that fountain for a sip. So glad this is hypothetical and I won't be seeing this fountain soon. :)

RED said...

Drinking Fountain

when I climb up
to get a drink
it doesn't work
the way you'd think.

I turn it up.
The water goes
and hits me right
upon the nose

I turn it down
to make it small
and don't get any
drink at all.

Marchette Chute