Monday, March 3, 2008

Big changes for little Sabie

Well, some of the people who read this may already know about these big changes in the works, but others of you might not know. I am going to take this opportunity to explain what I mean. After much deliberation with myself, I have decided to transfer down to A&MCC completely instead of just staying for the summer. Many things led to this decision from my mental well being to other extenuating circumstances I would rather not go into. I have already been accepted and have scheduled meetings with my advisors for Sociology and Biology.

This is a very exciting change for me. Since I will be saving money on tuition (its so much cheaper down there!) and rent, I will be able to stay in college a little longer to get that minor in Biology I have been talking about for so long. My parents are even starting to get excited about my homecoming. I miss my family so much.

Most people I meet in college seem to come from families where no one is especially close. These people never feel homesick like I do. I guess my family has always been my support system. Not many people my age say that two of their closest friends are cousins. For me, however, this is the case. Being back in the good old CC will let me be much closer to the people who mean the most to me.

The only person who isn't so excited about the move is little Dwayne (you know, the rat). Unfortunately, he isn't allowed to run around freely as much down there as he is up here. Jewel (the dog) isn't so comfortable with him running around the whole house, and my bed there is only on 2x4s. If he ran under the bed, he would love the dark and would hardly come out, which would worry me since I wouldn't be able to grab him if I needed to. Oh well. My parent's have suggested that he have play time in the front room, which everyone seems to enjoy.

Over all, this seems to be the best decision for me. Looking past the obvious stress of moving and transitioning, this is turning out to be a relatively simple and dare I say fun change for the better.

1 comment:

RED said...

I daresay I speak for all when I say CC wants you back too! :)