Well, let's see, everything is going decently well up here. Dwayne (the rat) is snoozing in the blankets next to me and he looks adorable curled in a little ball. I have almost completed my most recent sewing project, which excites me, since I rarely finish these. The frustration of knots is almost too much to handle. My knitting, well, I have never completed anything larger than a scarf, even with two blankets in the works. Somehow I always manage to drop a stitch, and give up. A lot of my frustration stems from the fact that no one ever taught me how to do anything other than plain squares and rectangles. Hopefully the excitement of finishing my lovely yellow flowers will motivate me to finish other projects and teach myself fancy things to do with knitting.
Now, back to the whole purpose of this post: Lent. I almost always give up and take on a task for Lent since I am, by birth, Catholic. This year I have decided to give up my pointless snacking after 8pm. For my additions, I will drink at least three Rudy's cups of water a day. These cups are giant; I would estimate somewhere around 30 or 40 ounces. It will be wonderful to be hydrated!!
On a side note, I am almost officially going to Japan for a week or so in May. I talked to my family that live there, and they are already planning activities. My aunt/Godmother was hinting to my mom that she could possibly get me a job after graduation. There my mom goes again, thinking of ways to distract me from the Peace Corps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We would be nothing without our "distractions" LOL! They define us as much as that which we are presumably being "disttracted" from !ATL (all the love :)
Oh, PS.. I think maybe "distracted" has not two tees!
Post a Comment