Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentines Day

This post is for my parents, even though they will never read this :)

Well, to me, Valentines Day is just any other day. I have never had a reason to celebrate it with a significant other, and I am okay with that. I am not one of those bitter women who goes insane for one day a year. I am perfectly happy by myself. I know that my existence is not based on the affections of another individual. Now, I must admit that at times I do feel like giving up on love... Then Valentines Day comes around. All I have to do it look at my parents to understand that love is real and all encompassing. Today is their 22nd wedding anniversary, and they are more happy than any couple I have ever met. They dated for years, possibly decades (I keep asking for the truth, and they aren't giving it up!) before getting married. They give me hope that someday I might be lucky enough to find someone that I want to spend forever with. So, Mom and Dad, I love and miss y'all!!! Keep up the good work, and have fun tonight, and every night!

2 comments:

RED said...

Nicely put, Sabie. Better to bask in the glow of the real thing from afar than suffer a cheap-ass imitation up close. Oh, wait... that doesn't sound bitter, does it ? :)

Sabie said...

Nooo, not one bit.