As of 10:49pm on April 15th, 2008, the war in Iraq has cost the United States $511,557,781,048.
Five Hundred and Eleven BILLION Dollars.
I don't even understand what that kind of money means! I also understand that not everyone who reads this will support my ideas. I am fine with that. You are very free to think what you want. I just want you to think about that amount of money. I live in Texas, so that is the state I am using as an example. The money for the war in Iraq provided by taxpayers in Texas ($42.7 billion) could have been used to provide:
...Just think about it. Please.
Five Hundred and Eleven BILLION Dollars.
I don't even understand what that kind of money means! I also understand that not everyone who reads this will support my ideas. I am fine with that. You are very free to think what you want. I just want you to think about that amount of money. I live in Texas, so that is the state I am using as an example. The money for the war in Iraq provided by taxpayers in Texas ($42.7 billion) could have been used to provide:
9,759,201 People with Health Care OR
32,545,550 Homes with Renewable Electricity OR
989,840 Public Safety Officers OR
750,254 Music and Arts Teachers OR
5,601,091 Scholarships for University Students OR
3,885 New Elementary Schools OR
509,505 Affordable Housing Units OR
18,355,319 Children with Health Care OR
6,126,193 Head Start Places for Children OR
801,431 Elementary School Teachers OR
686,803 Port Container Inspectors
...Just think about it. Please.

2 comments:
I'm proud of you for standing up for what you believe in AND for taking the time to gather facts!It IS unbelievable; unfathomable! If I was going, I think my sign would read "ENOUGH ALREADY!!!"
That's a good one. I will keep it in mind. :)
Post a Comment